I want to play a game with you. See if you can spot the difference between the following two scenarios:
It’s my turn for a lie-in so my husband gets up with the children. This is what he does:
- Makes himself a brew and gives toddler his milk.
- Makes breakfast for himself and kids.
- Watches Sky Sports whilst kids play in the other room.
- Occasionally tells kids to keep noise down.
It’s my husband’s turn for a lie-in (like today) so it’s my turn to get up with the kids. This is what I do:
- Make myself a brew and give toddler his milk.
- Make breakfast for kids.
- Make drink for kids.
- Share my breakfast with three kids that are all trying to sit on my knee.
- Put Mickey Mouse Clubhouse/Victorious/ICarly/other American kids’ drivel on loop for kids.
- Wash up.
- Put recycling out.
- Clean kitchen.
- Remove toddler from whatever mischief he’s causing x87.
- Fold dry clothes from tumble dryer and clothes maiden.
- Put things in washing machine to dry.
- Wash dog’s bedding.
- Wash animals’ food bowls.
- Feed animals.
- Change toddler’s nappy.
- Get kids dressed.
- Clean kids’ teeth.
- Tidy up.
- Sweep floor with dustpan and brush.
- Check/plan writing assignments.
- WriteÂ reminders on calendar.
- Pin notices onto reminder boards.
There’s something different about these two lists but I can’t quite put my finger on it… 🙂