OK, so I’m on a white wine spritzer and it’s only half five, but I honestly deserve it; here are the reasons why:
- I ran round like a maniac at half eight this morning to capture my neighbour’s dog that had got loose and tethered her up until he could get out of work to come and get her.
- My battery is running out on my watch and it keeps losing time so we casually walked up to school, completely oblivious to the fact that we were really late.
- I helped to serve toast at the toddler group this morning and it was TERRIFYING, like something out of Shaun of the Dead. I ventured out of the kitchen with the plate and was bombarded by drooling, wild-eyed youngsters all braying for buttery carbohydrate. I truly believe that if the toast ran out they would have fed off me instead and would have moved away to reveal a pile of empty clothes and gnawed bones.
- I got the kids out of the car in the pouring rain to take them to see my housebound Grandma…and she was out because she had an appointment at the hospital (bloody inconsiderate, if you ask me).
- I did a mad blitz of the house and then the dog pooed on the floor because she hadn’t been out for a walk, due to the pouring rain.
- I took the dog and four children (one was my friend’s son) on a walk after school, which seemed to take about three days.
- I got home, weary and bedraggled and made a super quick tea, with kids arguing, the dog barking and things falling out of my Kerplunk cupboards.
- And now my youngest two are attempting to smear chocolate over every surface of my recently cleaned home whilst my eldest buggers about instead of getting changed for Beavers.
So now I’m enjoying my white wine spritzer. It’s necessary, crucial for my sanity and nobody, I repeat nobody, is going to stop me. Cheers! 🙂