On This Day in History…Distressed Housewife / November 1, 2012
I’m having probably the most boring 1st November in history, so I decided to do a bit of research to see if thisÂ particular dateÂ has always been non-eventful.Â Turns out, it hasn’t:
In 1512, Michaelangelo’s paintings on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel wereÂ first exhibited and in 1604, Shakespeare’s Othello was firstÂ presented.
In 1800 the first president of the US (John Adams) went to live in the White House.
Advancements in Science and Medicine
In 1931 Dupont introduced synthetic rubber, in 1939 theÂ first animal (a rabbit) conceived by artificial insemination was displayed and in 1894 a vaccine for diphtheria was announced.
In 1969 the Beatles album Abbey Road reached number one and stayed there for eleven weeks, in 1976 Abba released Money, Money, Money, in 1999 Westlife released their debut album, Westlife and on 1st November last year, Justin Bieber released ‘Under the Mistletoe’.
On the same date in 1988 Jeff Goldblum and GeenaÂ Davis got married in Las Vegas and in 1990 Mike Tyson had to pay Sandra Miller $100 for fondling her boob.
On this day, Thursday 1st November 2012, I have:
- Cleaned up diarrhoea from our conservatory floor and from the clothes of our three year old.
- Watched our nearly two yearÂ old demonstrate virtually nothing except talking in a funny voice to the puppy at his two year check.
- Cleaned up dog wee whenÂ the puppyÂ got excited about the health visitor.
- Traipsed three moaning children to the bank in the rain.
- Helped our seven yearÂ old with his mental arithmatic questions for school.
So now I’m looking through the above historical events to see if I can use any of them to jazz up my day.Â Hmm, I can’t paint and I definitely can’t sing,Â I’ve never tried to write a play (and maybe trying to emulate Shakespeare is setting my sights a bit high), I’m not very knowledgeable about politicsÂ andÂ science wasn’t particularly a strong point at school.
I’m already married so what does that leave?Â Bugger.Â Looks like it’s just going to be a regular Thursday after all (although I doubt I’ll be able to get my husband to pay me) 🙂